Gemalto BGS2T Terminal – 2G Quad Band Modem, Gemalto’s ultra-compact Cinterion® Gemalto BGS2T Terminal / Modem, is a simple and reliable plug-and-play Cellular communications device with either a Serial RS232 or RS485 interface. Both versions incorporate the latest generation of powerful 2G wireless modules featuring a Quad-Band GSM/GPRS baseband, TCP/IP connectivity based on GPRS class 10 data transmission and outstanding low power consumption.
Ideal for first time M2M implementers and small scale deployments, the Gemalto BGS2T Terminal offers reliable, cost-effective, out-of-the-box M2M communications for a variety of industrial applications such as metering, security, transportation, remote monitoring and control and many more.
The slim design Modem Terminal shares the footprint of a credit card, and easily fits in almost every M2M application. To ensure a simple, reliable and efficient integration the ultra-compact design incorporates a highly flexible mounting concept
The plug-and-play design includes a robust plastic housing with unparalleled mounting options, a range of common industrial interfaces such as RS-232 and RS-485 as well as an integrated SIM cardholder to enable easy deployment. Quad-Band support ensures global coverage for an all-in-one solution with data communications plus SMS and fax capabilities. Like all Cinterion products, the BGS2 Terminal comes with full type approval (FTA) and is certified by the largest carriers worldwide.
Gemalto BGS2T Specifications
- Quad-Band GSM (2G): 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
- GPRS class 10: DL: max. 85.6 kbps, UL: max. 42.8 kbps
- Power Supply: Input voltage range 8 – 30 V
- BGS2T-(RS232) – RS232 4-wire Serial Interface (up to 230Kbps)
- BGS2T-(RS485) – RS485 Serial Interface (up to 230Kbps)
- Plug-in power supply connector (6-pole Western jack)
- Antenna Connector: SMA (female)
- Power and operation LED indicators
- Real time clock with alarm functionality
- Hardware watchdog
- Flexible mounting concept – DIN Rail, Screw Fixing, C-Rail, Cable Tie Locations
Download PDF Files and watch YouTube video below for additional information.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier