2) Who is the controller?
The Company is the controller for the processing of the personal data collected from consumers and contacts at corporate customers that buy products via the Company’s website.
You will find the Company’s contact details below.
Company Name: E-Tech Components UK Ltd
Company Registration No: 05076040
Address: West Lancashire Investment Centre, White Moss Business Park, Maple View, Skelmersdale, WN8 9TG
Phone No: +44 1744762929
In connection with questions about the Company’s processing of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
3) Types of Personal Data that are being processed
The Company processes the following information about you as a consumer, contact at a corporate customer or private business owner:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Purchasing history (consumers and private business owners)
- Call history
- Civic registration number (private business owner)
- Time zone, IP address, browser, operating system and user agent in the case you contact the Company via the chat function.
Please note that data about the purchasing history in relation to the contact person at corporate customers is linked to the corporate customer and not to you as a contact.
4) What does the company use your data for?
Your personal data are processed so that the Company is able to administer your orders (or those of the company you represent) and handle any returns, warranty claims and similar customer administration. The legal ground is that the processing is necessary for the Company to be able to fulfill the agreement with you as a consumer or private business owner. If you are a contact at a client company, the processing is carried on with a balancing of interests as a legal ground, where the Company’s legitimate interest is to be able to exercise its rights and obligations under the agreement with the client company.
The Company also processes your e-mail address for marketing purposes, in your capacity as a consumer. The marketing consists of the Company sending newsletters and offers for goods/services via e-mail for up to 12 months after your last purchase. However, you can choose to unsubscribe from our newsletters and marketing e-mails at any time. In order to unsubscribe, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe link provided in each newsletter/e-mail. The marketing occurs based on a so-called balancing of interests as a legal ground, where the Company’s legitimate interest is to market its products.
Even in the case you are a contact at a client company or a private business owner, the Company processes your e-mail address to send marketing. The marketing is directed towards the company you represent and is based on the type of goods/services you previously purchased and which we consider to be relevant to your professional activity. The marketing is sent for up to five years after your last purchase. Newsletters and marketing e-mails are sent only on the condition that you have not opposed such marketing, and you may choose to unsubscribe at any time from our newsletters and marketing e-mails. In order to unsubscribe, please contact the Company at email@example.com or use the unsubscribe link provided in each newsletter/e-mail. The marketing occurs based on a “balancing of interests” as a legal ground, where the Company’s legitimate interest is to market its products.
Profiled direct marketing to consumer (if there is consent)
The Company also wishes to send offers by e-mail to you as a consumer, which we believe may be of particular interest to you, based on what you previously purchased from the Company. In the case that you wish to receive such offers, please authorise the consent form for this purpose on our website. If you have provided your consent for this specific purpose, the Company will save your purchase history and e-mail address in order to send targeted marketing offers to you. The legal ground for the processing is your consent. You are entitled at any time to withdraw your consent by contacting the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, this revocation does not affect the legality of the Company’s processing based on the consent before it was revoked.
5) Which recipients are we going to share your data with?
The Company may transfer your personal data to administrators of the website, delivery firms, supplier firms, companies Members of Lagercrantz Group AB. These recipients only have the right to process your personal data on behalf of the Company in connection with performing a service for the Company, e.g. delivering ordered goods to you. The Company takes all reasonable legal, technical and organisational measures in order to ensure that your data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection during transfer to or sharing with such selected third parties.
The Company can also provide your personal data to public authorities e.g. Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (UK) (HMRC), if we are obliged to do so by law. In the case that all or parts of the Company’s operations are sold, the Company can transfer your personal data to a potential buyer of the operations.
6) Transfer of personal data outside the EU/EEA
Your personal data will only be processed in the EU/EEA. The Company has taken appropriate protective measures in order to protect your personal data, through the fact that the recipient of the personal data has signed an agreement containing certain standard contractual clauses, which have been approved by the EU Commission.
7) How long will we save your data for?
Your personal information is processed for as long as it is necessary for the Company to administer the purchase and any return of the goods. In the case where there is a warranty period on the purchase, your contact details and purchasing history will be saved during the warranty period so that the Company will be able to fulfill any warranty commitments.
Provided you have not opposed the receipt of newsletters and marketing e-mails, we will save your e-mail address for the marketing of similar products for up to 12 months after your last purchase if you are a consumer and for up to five years after your last purchase if you are a contact at a company.
If you, in your capacity as a consumer, have provided your consent that the Company can save your purchasing history and e-mail in order to send targeted/profiled marketing to you, we will save data about your purchasing history for the time specified in the consent.
In the event that the Company becomes aware that your employment at a client company is ending or you cease to be the corporate customer’s contact for some other reason, we will remove your data.
The Company can save your personal data for a longer period if it is necessary to meet a legal obligation that needs to be processed by applicable law, or in order for the Company to be able to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, for example related to the Company’s contractual relationship with the client company, the private business owner or you as a consumer.
8) Your rights
You have certain statutory rights that you can exercise in relation to the Company. A summary of these rights follows below. For complete information about your rights, please see the General Data Protection Regulation, Chapters 3–5.
- Right to access/extract from register. You have the right to get answers about whether the Company processes personal data about you. If this is the case, you have the right to information about, among other things, what personal data are being processed, the purpose of the processing, which external recipients receive your personal data and how long we will save your personal data for.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data, which you have provided to the Company, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that the Company transfer these personal data to another controller. The right to data portability applies to personal data, which is processed in an automated manner, and which is based on your consent or on an agreememt you are party to.
- Rectification of inaccurate data. You have the right to request that the Company rectify inaccurate or incomplete information about you.
- Erasure of certain data. You have the right to request that the Company erase your personal data under certain circumstances, e.g. if the personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose that we collected the personal data for.
- Right to object to the Company’s processing of personal data. You have the right under certain circumstances to object to the Company’s processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to direct marketing. You have the right to object at any time to the Company processing your personal data for direct marketing. If you object to such processing, the Company without delay shall cease all direct marketing to you.
- Right to restriction of processing your personal data. You have the right to request a restriction of the Company’s processing of your personal data in certain cases. For example, if you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, you can request a restriction of the processing during a period of time to enable the Company to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- If you have a complaint about the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge such a complaint with the UK Data Protection Authority.
If you want to make a request for an extract from the register, data portability, rectification, erasure, objection or restriction, please contact the Company at email@example.com.
E-Tech Components UK Ltd,
West Lancashire Investment Centre,
White Moss Business Park, Maple View,