Gemalto BGS5T Terminal – 2G Modem with Java, Gemalto’s latest Cinterion® 2G Smart Terminal, takes M2M simplicity to a whole new level. Leveraging the latest Java embedded technology, the plug-and-play Gemalto BGS5T Terminal is powered by a quad-band GPRS baseband delivering cost optimised, secure TCP/IP connectivity anywhere in the world.
The Gemalto BGS5T Terminal includes universal USB and RS232 industrial interfaces and is encased in a compact, rugged housing. With very little integration and approval efforts, the BGS5T is a fast-to-market solution for both small volume and large enterprises wishing to take advantage of I-o-T applications.
The embedded Java™ platform offers easy application development with access to GPIO interfaces, Secure data transmission with HTTPS/SSL and large internal memory resources. BGS5T carries full type approval (FTA) and certification by the largest carriers worldwide, the device is ready for secure reliable industrial connectivity applications anywhere in the world.
- Quad-Band GSM (2G): 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot Class 12. DL: max. 85.6 kbps, UL: max. 85.6 kbps
- Power Supply: Input voltage range 8 – 30 V
- Serial Interface (up to 920Kbps)
- USB 2.0 High Speed interface supporting multiple composite modes
- Plug-in power supply connector (6-pole Western jack)
- Antenna Connector: SMA (female),
- 20 pin header with GPIO’s, power out, ADC-IN, I²C or 4-wire second serial interface
- Real time clock with alarm functionality
- Informal Network Scan
- Programmable hardware watchdog
- Java™ Open Platform
Download PDF Files below for additional information.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929