Prysmian BICON Flexo Trackside Disconnect Boxes Design:
- Flexo Trackside Disconnect Boxes are used throughout the railway network to connect signalling equipment to location cabinets.
- Unique design incorporates a hard neoprene moulded back plate, with sliding steel cover – providing excellent accessibility.
- With the cover removed, access to the internal terminals is available on all sides.
- Cover is epoxy coated to resist corrosion and includes the facility for security padlocking.
- Moulded cable nesting grooves simple installations as no traditional glands are required.
- Securing the cable requires a single Allen key, which contributes to rapid assembly and allows cable routings to be checked quickly and easily.
- Once the cover is closed, the box is watertight and prohibits water ingress even in flood conditions.
Prysmian BICON Flexo Trackside Disconnect Boxes Applications:
The Flexo range of trackside disconnection boxes is compatible with a variety of applications, including Clamplock, Track Circuit, AWS TCAID and Level Crossing Treadle. The unique design incorporates a hard neoprene moulded back plate, with sliding steel cover providing excellent accessibility.
The rail bonding (stud Connections) are catered for with the 2.5mm2 C1 leads. With the cover removed, access to the internal terminals is available on all sides. The cover itself is epoxy coated to resist corrosion and includes the facility for security padlocking. The moulded cable nesting grooves simplifes installation as no traditional glands are required.
Prysmian BICON Flexo Trackside Disconnect Boxes Features & Benefits:
The design principles applied ensure that every unit exceeds the performance requirements. Specifcally, the threaded inserts are fully bonded to the neoprene to ensure integrity. They are manufactured from high grade brass to guarantee long life. The covers are exceptionally tough and corrosion resistant. The neoprene body ensures that vibration degradation is eliminated ensuring that terminations will not fracture.
Prysmian BICON Flexo Trackside Disconnect Boxes Installation:
Cable entry is simplifed by the provision of moulded nesting grooves to suit individual applications. The cables are secured by means of a full width clamp/brush sealing arrangement requiring a single allen key only. This facilitates rapid assembly and allows cable routings to be checked quickly and easily. The boxes are designed to be used with cables requiring terminating on site or with certain products from the range of Prysmian pre-terminated detection system cables.
Prysmian BICON Flexo Rail Products & Modular Power Systems Specialist Products
The FLEXO product portfolio is wide ranging and varied, each design having its origins in the need to meet a particular customer requirement. Many are now “standard” solutions to certain connection applications and include:
- Track Circuit Cable Assemblies
- Trackside Disconnect Boxes
- Detection System Cable Assemblies
- Points Heating System
- Vehicle Couplers & Battery Charging Leads
- Fire Resistant Modular Power Systems (Cable systems for tunnel lighting)
- Point Machine Coupler System
|Prysmian Part No||PADS Cat. No||Prysmian Part No||PADS Cat. No|
For Additional Information on Part Numbers mentioned above Download PDF Files. Quality Assurance, Approvals, Reputation, Applications & Configurations and Selection Tables of Disconnection Boxes & Accessories.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929