Ripley US02 MAX Series – Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool
Ripley US02 MAX Series – Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool quickly and easily removes bonded semi-con from medium and high voltage power cables. With a unique blade shape and stop position, this precision tool preserves the smooth surface on insulation and bevels off the edge, eliminating the need for additional surface finishing. Engineered with multiple stainless steel contact bearings, its optimal stability design securely supports cables with diameters from 55 mm to 80 mm (2,17″ to 3,15″) throughout the shaving operation.
Part Number: Ripley US02-7100.
- Compact design accurately removes semi-con within 50 mm (1,96″) of the jacket on mid-span & end stripping applications.
- Precision blade depth adjusts in increments of 0,1 mm (0,004″).
- Adjusts for cables with semi-con thicknesses up to 2,4 mm (0,095″).
- Equipped with two feed positions to optimize tool performance.
- A revolving ergonomic handle & accessible adjustment knobs reduce effort & potential strain from repetitive shaving functions.
- Stop position to complete the shaving operation cleanly without the need for an additional clamp.
- 12° chamfer at semi-con end.
- Supplied in protective, molded carrying case.
- Precision ground tool steel blade is easily replaced.
Ripley Cable Preparation Tools
Ripley are global providers of cable preparation tools and accessories for power utilities, fiber optic and other industries. Their pioneering approach to product design enables the creation of innovative tools that solve the everyday challenges. They design and manufacture tools and accessories for:
- Cutting & Stripping
- Inspection & Testing
- Slitting & Shaving
- Torquing & Termination
- Other functions.
For Additional Information on Ripley US02 MAX Series – Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool (US02-7100), please download PDF File or advise Technical Data table below.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|MODEL||CABLE SIZE ∅||SEMI-CON THICKNESS||CHAMFER ANGLE||LENGTH||WEIGHT|
|US02-7100||55-80 mm (2,17″-3,15″)||2,4 mm (0,095")||12°||228,6 mm (9″)||748 g (1 lb 10,4 oz)|
|US02 MAX Series|
|Cable Compatibility:||Primary Distribution Underground|
|Cable Access:||Mid-Span, End|
|Min Cable Outer ∅:||55 mm (2,17″)|
|Max Cable Outer ∅:||80 mm (3,15″)|
*Performance Data subject to change without notice.
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier