Elpress EMBLA Cutting and Stripping Tool (0.02-16mm²) is a self-adjusting cutting and stripping tool for modern electrical installation and equipment wires (90% of wires can be stripped without adjusting the tool). The introduction of easily interchangeable multiple stripping cassettes enable precision stripping of a wide range of insulations from PVC to PTFE (Teflon) with just one tool.
High priority has been given to the ergonomic design of EMBLA resulting in a lightweight but strong and comfortable tool equally qualified for high volume production and portable/field usage. Fine adjustability ensures that fine insulations can be stripped without damage to conductors. Ergonomic design with sculpted and soft grip main handle. Replacement stripping cassettes and cutting blades available. Tested to over 150,000 cycles.
The cutting capacity of any cutting tool may vary due to conductor design, insulation thickness, hardness of materials, etc.
Elpress EMBLA Cutting and Stripping Tool (0.02-16mm²) is available in 3 versions:
- EMBLA S, with exchangeable knife cassette, straight blades, for PVC insulations 0.02-10mm² (AWG 34-8).
- EMBLA V, with exchangeable knife cassette, V-shaped blades, for harder insulations 0.1-4mm² (AWG 28-12).
- EMBLA 16, with exchangeable knife cassette, oval-shaped blades, for PVC insulations 4-16mm² (AWG 12-6).
- Elpress EMBLA Stripping range:
-For PVC insulations 0.02-10mm² (AWG 34-8)
-For harder insulations 0.1-4mm² (AWG 28-12)
-For PVC insulations 4-16mm² (AWG 12-6)
- Cutting capacity (EMBLA S, standard cassette):
-Stranded conductors up to 10mm² (AWG 8)
-Single strand conductors up to 1.5mm² (AWG 16)
- Versatility: The easy exchange of stripping cassettes makes stripping of most insulation materials possible. The working range is the widest available for these types of tools.
- Precision: Precise knife adjustment allows stripping of conductors with thin insulations without damage to the strands. When the stripping action is completed the knives open and are kept so during the retractionof the knives. The scratch-free conductor is thus easy to take out.
- Ergonomy: A specially designed movable handle with a soft rubber inlay, low friction, optimized handle opening width, an angled head and low weight safeguard comfortable work with lowest work load.
- Long life expectancy: Strip cassettes and knives can be exchanged for very long tool life.
- Reliability: Tested to over 150000 cycles. Produced from a new high tensile plastic with double strength compared to regular PA6 (nylon).
- Weight: 136g.
- Dimensions: 191 x 123 x 20mm.
Elpress EMBLA Accessories
Elpress EMBLA can be supplemented with the following spare cassettes for different types and sizes of cable insulations. In one simple operation the cassettes can be replaced.
- EMBLA SP S-Cassette, with knife, straight blades, for PVC insulations 0.02-10mm² (AWG 34-8).
- EMBLA SP V-Cassette, with knife, V-shaped blades, for harder insulations 0.1-4mm² (AWG 28-12).
- EMBLA SP16-Cassette, with knife, oval-shaped blades, for PVC insulations 4-16mm² (AWG 12-6).
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|34-8||0.02-10mm2||EMBLA S||0.136 kg||191 x 123 x 20 mm|
|28-12||0.1-4mm2||EMBLA V||0.136 kg||191 x 123 x 20 mm|
|12-6||4-16mm2||EMBLA 16||0.136 kg||191 x 123 x 20 mm|
|34-8||0.02-10mm2||EMBLA SP S-cassette||0.020 kg|
|28-12||0.1-4mm2||EMBLA SP V-cassette||0.020 kg|
|12-6||4-16mm2||EMBLA SP 16-cassette||0.020 kg|
- Image 1: EMBLA, ergonomically designed cutting and stripping tool (in use).
- Image 2: EMBLA S-cassette.
- Image 3: EMBLA V-cassette.
- Image 4: EMBLA 16-cassette.