Elpress EMBLA Cutting and Stripping Tool (0.02-16mm²) is a self-adjusting cutting and stripping tool for modern electrical installation and equipment wires (90% of wires can be stripped without adjusting the tool). The introduction of easily interchangeable multiple stripping cassettes enable precision stripping of a wide range of insulations from PVC to PTFE (Teflon) with just one tool. Elpress EMBLA is available in 3 versions, EMBLA S, V and 16:
- EMBLA S, with exchangeable stripping cassette, straight blades, for PVC insulations 0.02-10mm² (AWG 34-8).
- EMBLA V, with exchangeable stripping cassette, V-shaped blades, for harder insulations 0.1-4mm² (AWG 28-12).
- EMBLA 16, with exchangeable stripping cassette, oval-shaped blades, for PVC insulations 4-16mm² (AWG 12-6).
- Cutting capacity (EMBLA S, standard cassette):
-Stranded conductors up to 10mm² (AWG 8)
-Single strand conductors up to 1.5mm² (AWG 16)
- Versatility: The simplicity and ability to exchange stripping cassettes makes stripping of most modern insulation materials possible. The operating range is the widest available for this type of tools.
- Precision: Fine adjustment allows stripping of even the thinnest of insulations without conductor damage. When the stripping action is complete, the stripping blades are opened and kept open, during the blade return, so that the cable can be removed from the tool, easily and without scratches.
- Ergonomy: A specially designed shape, soft rubber inserts in the fixed handle, low friction, optimised handle opening width, angled head and low weight ensures comfortable work with the lowest work load.
- Long life expectancy: Replace stripping cassettes and cutting blades for very long tool life.
- Reliability: Tested for over 150000 cycles. Made from a high strength plastic with double strength compared to standard PA6 (nylon).
- Weight: 180-184g.
- Dimensions: 191 x 123 x 20mm.
Elpress EMBLA Accessories
Elpress EMBLA can be supplemented with the following spare cassettes for different types and sizes of cable insulations. In one simple operation the cassettes can be replaced.
- EMBLA SP S-Cassette, with knife, straight blades, for PVC insulations 0.02-10mm² (AWG 34-8).
- EMBLA SP V-Cassette, with knife, V-shaped blades, for harder insulations 0.1-4mm² (AWG 28-12).
- EMBLA SP16-Cassette, with knife, oval-shaped blades, for PVC insulations 4-16mm² (AWG 12-6).
To strip insulation from cable there are the EMBLA, EMBLA RA, TOR and ODEN tools. They strip from approximately 0,02mm2 up to ∅ 40mm cable. The tools feature high precision, ergonomic adaptation, user friendliness and reliability.
Tools are available in several variants for cutting Cu and Al cable up to approximately Ø 85mm. In addition to the simplest mechanical tools that cut cable up to Ø 20mm, there is a wide range of hydraulic tools for cutting cable up to approx 85mm.
The size of the conductor that the tools can handle mainly depends on the type of conductor to cut, whether it is a LV or MV cable and the class of the conductor. The hardness of the conductor’s material also affects the results. For example, the PKL54C is capable of cutting type Cu FKKJ 4 x 95 mm2 low voltage cable or Al AKKJ 4 x 240mm2 or MV cable type Al AXLJ 3 x 150mm2. The insulation takes some space on the medium voltage cable which is why it can be restrictive.
For more information on Elpress EMBLA Cutting and Stripping Tool (S, V, 16), consult PDF File or Technical Data Table below.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Part No.||mm²||AWG||Net Weight||Dimensions (L x W x H)|
|EMBLA S||0,02-10||34-8||0,184 kg||191 x 123 x 20 mm|
|EMBLA V||0,1-4||28-12||0,180 kg||191 x 123 x 20 mm|
|EMBLA 16||4-16||12-6||0,182 kg||191 x 123 x 20 mm|
|Part No.||mm²||AWG||Net Weight|
|EMBLA SP S-CASSETTE||0,02-10||34-8||0,002 kg|
|EMBLA SP V-CASSETTE||0,1-4||28-12||0,002 kg|
|EMBLA SP 16-CASSETTE||4-16||12-6||0,002 kg|
- Image 1: EMBLA, ergonomically designed cutting and stripping tool (in use).
- Image 2: EMBLA SP S-cassette.
- Image 3: EMBLA SP V-cassette.
- Image 4: EMBLA SP 16-cassette.
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier