Elpress FBS1722 Stripping Tool for PEX Cable Insulation (MV XLPE cable) is a stripping tool for fixed, outer conductive layers on PEX cables. Stripping can be carried out from Ø 10 to Ø 50 mm, which corresponds to up to 800 mm² at 12 kV, 630 mm² at 24 kV and 500 mm² at 36 kV. The cutting capacity of any cutting tool may vary due to conductor design, insulation thickness, hardness of materials, etc.
EAN code: 7393487026865
FBS1722 ACCESSORIES: FBS1722RS (Spare Blade), FBS1722SP (Silicone Paste)
Elpress FBS1722 Features
- Elpress FBS1722 includes the actual tool, 100g silicone paste and instructions for use, all in a padded plastic carry box.
- Stripping from Ø 10mm up to Ø 50mm, corresponding to maximum sizes 800mm² at 12kV, 630mm² at 24kV and 500mm² at 36kV.
- Set cutting depth easily between 0 and 1.2mm, in increments of 0.1mm, using a knob.
- You can strip up to 25mm from the screening edge. The final PEX surface result is very smooth all the way.
- The blade is hardened, min HRC 55, and specially ground to specific shape and easy to replace when needed.
To strip insulation from cable there are the EMBLA, EMBLA RA, TOR and ODEN tools. They strip from approximately 0,02mm2 up to ∅ 40mm cable. The tools feature high precision, ergonomic adaptation, user friendliness and reliability.
Tools are available in several variants for cutting Cu and Al cable up to approximately Ø 85mm. In addition to the simplest mechanical tools that cut cable up to Ø 20mm, there is a wide range of hydraulic tools for cutting cable up to approx 85mm.
The size of the conductor that the tools can handle mainly depends on the type of conductor to cut, whether it is a LV or MV cable and the class of the conductor. The hardness of the conductor’s material also affects the results. For example, the PKL54C is capable of cutting type Cu FKKJ 4 x 95 mm2 low voltage cable or Al AKKJ 4 x 240mm2 or MV cable type Al AXLJ 3 x 150mm2. The insulation takes some space on the medium voltage cable which is why it can be restrictive.
For more information on Elpress FBS1722 Stripping Tool for PEX Cable Insulation, consult PDF File or Technical Data Table below.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Max Ø Conductor
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|235 x 200 x 55 mm
|Elpress FBS1722RS (Spare Blade)
|Elpress FBS1722SP (Silicone Paste)
- Image 1: Elpress Stripping Tool FBS1722 for MV XLPE cables
- Image 2: Elpress Stripping Tool FBS1722 for MV XLPE cables (SIDE)
- Image 3: Elpress Stripping Tool FBS1722 for MV XLPE cables KIT BOX
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier