Elpress Shearbolt Connectors with reversible screw (10-630mm²), are brass Screw Through Connectors for lowest friction, used at low and medium voltages.
Part Numbers: SC95R95S, SC150R95S, SC240R185S, SC400R240S, SC630R
Shearbolt Connectors (reversible screw) Properties
- Screw Material: brass for minimum friction
- Pre-assembled shear-off screws for easy handling
- Voltage Range: 1kV to 36kV.
- Meets the requirements of standard IEC 61238-1.
- PEN is a filler piece for use when connecting the cable’s copper screen.
SHEARBOLT TERMINALS UP TO 36kV
Elpress shearbolt terminals are available as through connectors and terminals for:
- stranded and solid Al and Cu cables
- round cross section 10 to 630mm2
- sector cross section 16 to 240mm2
The screws used are made of brass, which offers a lower friction compared to aluminium or steel. This makes it easier for the user to install. Installation tools can be a socket wrench or an impact wrench with torque force > 100Nm. We recommend that the fitter uses a counterhold toolto secure the shearbolt terminal more easily when tightening the screws.
Elpress marking of shearbolt terminals shows logo, product name, cable area (for stranded and solid conductors) and installation order. The terminal palmis marked with screw size M-thread for bolted joints.
SCREW & WASHER
The following apply for bright galvanised type nuts and screws, with strength class 8.8, used for connecting terminals with Cu and Al palms:
- Always use a torque wrench to be certain the right torque is achieved. Ensure it is calibrated regularly according to supplier’s instructions.
- Use the recommended torque according to the screw manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always use a hard flat washer to reduce friction against the connection surface and the edge pressure, hardness min HB200.
Recommended tightening torque for wet lubricated screws and nuts of bright galvanised zinc type with strength class 8.8 and coarse threaded (normal thread), used with corresponding washer for connection of terminals with Cu- and Al palm.
For more information on Elpress Shearbolt Connectors with reversible screw (SC95R95S, SC150R95S, SC240R185S, SC400R240S, SC630R), consult PDF File or Technical Data Table below.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
(with filling piece)
|d (mm)||D (mm)||L (mm)||s (mm)||Pcs/ Pack|
|Elpress SC95R95S||50-95 mm²||50-95 mm²||70-95||16-57 (SC95N/PEN)||16||27||114||58||1|
|Elpress SC150R95S||95-150 mm²||95-120 mm²||70-95||16||27||114||58||1|
|Elpress SC240R185S||185-240 mm²||120-185 mm²||20||33,5||134||64||1|
|Elpress SC400R240S||300-400 mm²||240 mm²||25,8||41,5||175||87||1|
|Elpress SC630R||500-630 mm²||33||49||210||106||1|
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier