Nexans 36-42JTS3 CW MV Heat-Shrink Joints
Nexans 36-42JTS3 CW MV Heat-Shrink Joints (36JTS3 CW and 42JTS3 CW) are medium voltage heat-shrinkable straight joints with triple layer tube for Unarmoured Three Core Polymeric Cables with Copper Wire or Copper Tape Screen. Up to Umax 42kV.
Part Numbers: 36JTS3.95CW, 36JTS3.240CW, 36JTS3.300CW, 36JTS3.400CW, 42JTS3.95CW, 42JTS3.240CW, 42JTS3.300CW, 42JTS3.400CW
Nexans 36-42JTS3 CW Applications
36-42JTS3 CW heat-shrinkable straight joints are designed for unarmoured, plastic insulated cables with Cu wire or Cu tape screen, to accommodate either crimped or mechanical connectors.
- Quick and Easy to install – saving labour time, with no additional retraining required.
- Short and Slim design – with impressive range taking sizes.
- Excellent Insulating Properties – for safer installations.
- Advanced Screen Connection & Armour Continuity – for maximum control of fault currents.
- Thick Walled Tubing for High Mechanical Strength and Impact Resistance.
- Proof against Water Penetration & Chemical Aggression.
- Stabilized UV Protection – for longevity outdoors.
- Halogen Free Material Content – for safer use in enclosed spaces.
- Made to measure Fire Resistant blankets if required.
- LSOH outersheath as standard.
- To fit single core and three core MV cables up to 36kV.
- Easy access to Technical Support from our UK based technical staff.
Technical Characteristics & Design
For 36 to 42kV applications the 36-42JTS heat shrinkable joint is the new high performance, compact and easy to install joint. Double bodies with all the electrical functions integrated!
The JTS 36/42 is using an integrated coextruded “stress control field + insulating” nested in a coextruded “insulating + conductive” tube, which can withstand high voltage applications up to 42kV.
A double layer pad with conductive rubber inside and HK orange mastic outside ensure a Faraday cage and smooth the effect of the electrical field and of the voltage gradient in the connector area.
The electrical continuity of the screen is ensured with a standard metallic tape plus earthing ferrules (CW type) while for tape screen, an additional earthing braid is provided (AW type).
The outer sheath is restored with heavy/ medium wall adhesive lined tubing. Vapor barrier protection is available upon request. MC types are supplied with “Nexans GPH” mechanical connectors.
– 36JTS type tested with BIL at 200 kV
Additional Technical Data of Nexans 36-42JTS3 CW MV Heat-Shrink Joints (42JTS3.240CW, 42JTS3.300CW) can be found on the table below. For more information, please advise PDF Files.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Um kV||TYPE||SECTION RANGE (mm2)||LENGTH (mm)||DOI INSULATION (mm)||DOE OUTER (mm)|
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier