Nexans 36-42JTS3 K MV Heat-Shrink Joints
Nexans 36-42JTS3 K MV Heat-Shrink Joints (36JTS3 K and 42JTS3 K) are medium voltage heat-shrinkable straight joints with triple layer tube for Armoured Three Core Polymeric Cables with Copper Wire or Copper Tape Screen. Up to Umax 42kV.
Part Numbers: 36JTS3.95K, 36JTS3.240K, 36JTS3.300K, 36JTS3.400K, 42JTS3.95K, 42JTS3.240K, 42JTS3.300K, 42JTS3.400K
Nexans 36-42JTS3 K Applications
36-42JTS3 K heat-shrinkable straight joints are designed for armoured, plastic insulated cables with Cu wire or Cu tape screen, to accommodate either crimped or mechanical connectors.
- Quick and Easy to install – saving labour time, with no additional retraining required.
- Short and Slim design – with impressive range taking sizes.
- Excellent Insulating Properties – for safer installations.
- Advanced Screen Connection & Armour Continuity – for maximum control of fault currents.
- Thick Walled Tubing for High Mechanical Strength and Impact Resistance.
- Proof against Water Penetration & Chemical Aggression.
- Stabilized UV Protection – for longevity outdoors.
- Halogen Free Material Content – for safer use in enclosed spaces.
- Made to measure Fire Resistant blankets if required.
- LSOH outersheath as standard.
- To fit single core and three core MV cables up to 36kV.
- Easy access to Technical Support from our UK based technical staff.
Technical Characteristics & Design
For 36 to 42kV applications the 36-42JTS3 heat shrinkable joint is the new high performance, compact and easy to install joint. Double bodies with all the electrical functions integrated!
The JTS 36/42 is using an integrated coextruded “stress control field + insulating” nested in a coextruded “insulating + conductive” tube, which can withstand high voltage applications up to 42kV.
A double layer pad with conductive rubber inside and HK orange mastic outside ensure a Faraday cage and smooth the effect of the electrical field and of the voltage gradient in the connector area.
Screen connection and armour continuity material whether SWA, STA, DSTA are included in the kit.
The outer sheath is restored with heavy/ medium wall adhesive lined tubing. MC types are supplied with “Nexans GPH” mechanical connectors.
– 36JTS type tested with BIL at 200 kV
Additional Technical Data of Nexans 36-42JTS3 K MV Heat-Shrink Joints (42JTS3.240K, 42JTS3.300K) can be found on the table below. For more information, please advise PDF Files.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Um kV||TYPE||SECTION RANGE (mm2)||LENGTH (mm)||DOI INSULATION (mm)||DOE OUTER (mm)|
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier