Prysmian BICON Pressline Emergency Stop System is a unique system that offers continuous emergency stop protection around complex industrial hazards. The actuating device is a patented pressure sensitive cable that can follow any route up to 10km. Activation is by pressing, bending or pulling the cable at any point along its length. The Pressline Control Unit monitors the pressure sensitive cable and employs rigorously tested solid state technology. The control unit continuously monitors the cable and confirms system functionality. If an activation state is detected in the cable, the control unit interacts with machinery controls to switch off plant or activate alarms.
Prysmian BICON Pressline Emergency Stop System – Features & Benefits
- Continuous emergency stop switching along routes up to 10km.
- Actuating cable can follow any route – regardless of its complexity.
- Solid state technology eliminates the nuisance tripping often associated with contact failure on traditional systems.
- Low smoke and fume, zero halogen system options.
- Immune from vibration degradation.
- Maintenance free operation.
- Self monitoring, fail safe system design.
- Quick and cost effective installation.
Prysmian BICON Pressline Emergency Stop System is in use in many applications throughout the world. It has proved particularly successful for conveyor systems in the following areas:
- Airport Baggage Control
- Bottling Plants
- Assembly Lines
- Paper Mills
- Hi-Tec Manufacturing Environments
- Sorting & Distribution Centres
- Quarries & Mines
Specification & Approvals
- The system has been designed and tested in accordance with the principals of the Machinery Safety Directive 2006/42/EC.
- Safety and reliability figures in accordance with BS EN ISO 13849-1:2008 – “Safety of machinery. Safety-related parts of control systems. General principles for design” Performance Level, Pl=C & Probability of dangerous failure per hour, PFHd = 2.53x 10-6
- The system is fully compliant with the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU, BS EN 61000-6-2 & BS EN 61000-6-4
Prysmian BICON Pressline Emergency Stop System Components and Product Nos
- Pressline Cable
Polyurethane Sheathed Pressure Sensitive – F105 720 966
PVC Sheathed Pressure Sensitive – F105 720 976
LSOH Sheathed Pressure Sensitive – F105 722 606
2 Core Screened Interconnection – F105 721 490
- Control unit
Control Unit – Push Button Reset – W8 2351 20 00
Control Unit – Key Switch Reset – W8 2350 20 00
Control Unit – Remote Reset – W8 2352 20 00
- Termination Box
Termination Box – Nylon – W8 2353 00 02
Termination Box – Aluminium Stove Enamelled Grey – W8 2353 00 00
Termination Box – Gun Metal – W8 2353 00 01
- Corner Cleat
Corner Cleat – Nylon – W8 2356 00 03
Corner Cleat – Aluminium Stove Enamelled Grey – W8 2356 00 01
Corner Cleat – Gun Metal – W8 2356 00 02
- End Cleat
End Cleat – Nylon – W8 2355 00 03
End Cleat – Aluminium Stove Enamelled Grey – W8 2355 00 01
End Cleat – Gun Metal – W8 2355 00 02
- Cable Support
Galvanised Steel Pigtail – W8 2999 00 08
Suspension Cable Cleat – 385AA-05
Floor Mounting Cable Cleat – 385AA-02
- Termination Accessories
Pressline Cable Termination kit – W8 2354 00 00
Sleeving pliers – W8 4998 00 08 (Part Number is obsolete, contact us for more)
Crimping tool – W8 4998 00 07 (Part Number is obsolete, contact us for more)
- Glands for control unit – W8 2999 00 32
Download PDF File for additional information on Advantages, Specifications & Approvals, Reputation, System Design and Details.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier