Prysmian BICON Resin Wrap Straight Cable Joints
Prysmian BICON Resin Wrap Straight Cable Joints for jointing of auxiliary multi-core and multi-pair cables, laid underground or in tunnels.
- Jointing of Auxiliary multi-core and multi-pair cables to ESI Standard 09-6
- Jointing cables laid underground or in tunnels
- Non-armoured or armoured with aluminium or steel wire
- Filled or non-filled
- Up to 100 Pairs
- No need for special tools or moulds.
- The completed joint can be installed in any position.
- Prysmian BICON Resin Wrap Straight Cable Joints is simple and extremely versatile.
- Shipping weight and volume (approx.) of kit: 3.7 kg, 0.015m3.
- Supplied as a kit for one joint containing all the necessary components.
- Quality Assurance: The company has been approved by third party assessment.
- Meets the requirements of C64.
- Type Test PG72 details high withstand joints.
Prysmian BICON Cable Joints
For many years, BICON has been in the forefront of jointing technology, from designs using bituminous filling compounds, to the development of the highly successful BICAST acrylic resin jointing system.
Most recently , we have supplemented these ranges with heat shrink and pre-moulded products (BIMOLD) and can now offer a unique package to satisfy all requirements.
All four systems are available at voltages up to or above 33 kV and, depending on application, each may offer benefits over the others.
For instance, termination of high voltage polymeric cables requiring the facility to disconnect or add in additional cables at a later stage, means that BIMOLD is the logical choice. Likewise, BICAST provides a fast, comprehensive jointing method with a versatile range covering low and high voltage and all cable types.
Download PDF file for Selection Information, Product Selection, Ordering Details and Recommendations for Testing after Installation.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929