Ripley US02 Series – Adjustable Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool
Ripley US02 Series – Adjustable Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool quickly and easily removes bonded semi-con from 5 to 35 kV power cables. Its unique blade shape preserves the smooth surface on insulation, eliminating the need for deburring or additional surface finishing. Its optimal stability design securely supports cables with diameters from 18 mm to 60 mm (0,71″ to 2,36″) throughout the shaving operation.
Part Number: US02-7000.
- Compact design accurately removes semi-con within 30 mm (1,18″) of the jacket on mid-span & end stripping applications.
- Precision blade depth adjusts in increments of 0,1 mm (0,004″).
- Adjusts for 18 mm to 60 mm (0,71″ to 2,4″) cable diameters with semi-con thicknesses up to 2,4 mm (0,095″).
- A revolving ergonomic handle & accessible adjustment knobs reduce effort & potential strain from repetitive shaving functions.
- Stop position squares off the edge to complete the shaving operation without the need for an additional clamp.
- Easily replaced blade.
Ripley Cable Preparation Tools
Ripley are global providers of cable preparation tools and accessories for power utilities, fiber optic and other industries. Their pioneering approach to product design enables the creation of innovative tools that solve the everyday challenges. They design and manufacture tools and accessories for:
- Cutting & Stripping
- Inspection & Testing
- Slitting & Shaving
- Torquing & Termination
- Other functions.
For Additional Information on Ripley US02 Series – Adjustable Cable Semi-Con Shaving Tool (US02-7000), please download PDF File or advise Technical Data table below.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|MODEL||CABLE VOLTAGE||CABLE SIZE ∅||SEMI-CON THICKNESS||CHAMFER ANGLE||ADJUSTABLE CABLE DEPTH||LENGTH||WEIGHT|
|US02-7000||5-35 kV||18-60 mm (0,71″-2,4″)||2,4 mm (0,095")||12°||Up to 4 mm (0,16″)||152,4 mm (6″)||698,5 g (1 lb 8,6 oz)|
|Cable Compatibility:||Primary Distribution Underground|
|Cable Access:||Mid-Span, End|
|Min Voltage:||5 kV|
|Max Voltage:||35 kV|
|Min Cable Outer ∅:||18 mm (0,71″)|
|Max Cable Outer ∅:||60 mm (2,4″)|
*Performance Data subject to change without notice.
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier