Elpress AKP AlCu Bimetallic Pin Sockets
Elpress AKP AlCu Bimetallic Pin Sockets (16-300mm²) are used for connection of Al conductors to apparatus with copper connectors. Two crimps are needed – For crimp sequence, see image below.
System Elpress consists of Terminals and Tools that are designed and tested together to give a certified crimping result. This ensures that users will feel confident when using our systems, and that a secure connection is achieved through the proper handling of our products.
Elpress Terminals and Lugs for Al cable are made from pure aluminium 99.7%. We manufacture Al Terminals of type AK and AS, but also customised terminals or terminals larger than 1200mm2.
- Al Terminals type AK are used with Al conductors for connection to busbars and apparatus sockets.
- Al Through Connectors type AS are used when connecting Al Conductors.
Elpress Bimetallic Terminals (AlCu) are manufactured from solid materials, which are friction welded together, joining Aluminium with Copper. This is achieved when the Al part is rotated against the Cu part under pressure and is the method providing the best connection between Al and Cu.
- Terminals of type AKK are used at the end of an Al conductor for connection to a Cu bus bar.
- Through Connectors of type AKS are used to connect Al Conductors to Cu Conductors.
- Pin Sockets of type AKP are used to connect Al Conductors to apparatus intended for Cu Pin Connections.
NUMBER OF CRIMPS
The Elpress system is suitable for both Stranded (acc. to IEC 60228 Class 2) and Solid Conductors (acc. to IEC 60228 Class 1). However, it should be noted that there is an area difference between stranded and solid Al Conductors (see tables). When using sectoral Al-cable, a pre-rounding is normally required, which is done with a round crimping tool. When contact crimping Al Terminals, two crimps should always be made. Note the crimp sequence.
MARKING OF AL & ALCU LUGS
Elpress system for marking Al and AlCu Terminals shows the conductor area and reference to rounded and contact crimping tools, within the Elpress range. A tool reference for hexagonal crimping copper is give on the bimetallic through connectors.
For more information on Elpress AKP AlCu Bimetallic Pin Sockets (16-300mm²), consult PDF File or Technical Data Table below.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
- Used for connection of Al conductors to apparatus with copper connectors.
- Two crimps are needed - For crimp sequence, see image below.
|Cat. No.||Solid Al
|d||D||e||L1||L||s||Pcs/ Pack||Rec. Tool|
|AKP16||25 (16)||4||16||6||5,9||13||6||25||56||29||48||V600, V1300, V250|
|AKP25||35||2||25||4||6,8||13||6||25||56||29||48||V600, V1300, V250|
s = strip length
- Crimp sequence.