Crimp Connectors (Heatshrink Insulation)
Elpress Crimp Connectors with Heatshrink Insulation, 1kV (10-25mm²) is a screw connector kit for splicing 4- or 5G cable of stranded Al-conductor 16-25 mm² according to IEC60228, and for splicing or transitioning to Cu 10-16 mm² class 1, 2, 5 or 6. Meets the requirements in SS-EN 50393, EBR KJ 24:89
Part Numbers: KHS-AKS1025-4, KHS-AKS1025-5, KHS-AS1625-4, KHS-AS1625-5
Crimp & Heat
The Elpress concept crimp&heat is a new and easy way of connecting Al cables for applications such as lighting and switchgear. The concept consists of both insulation and crimping sleeves, which can accommodate several areas of the cable, supplied in a kit. The concept also supports a transition between the copper cable and the new Al cable. In order to crimp the connectors you need just one tool and you can choose between a hand tool or crimp dies with an open matrix that fits in Elpress’s 6 tonnes tool system.
How it works
- The conductors are crimped with through connectors AS1625, AKS1625-1016 or KSF16.
- Use Elpress hand tool EW1025, or TB dies TBKA9-11,5 with any of the following tools:
- The inner and outer tubes in the insulation expand so they can easily be applied and then shrunk with heat
- The length of the insulation is adapted to safely cover the primary and sheath insulation of the cable
- The insulation has thick walls and is coated with a lot of adhesive, that makes the crimp waterproof and resistant to external influences
- Meets the requirements in SS-EN 50393, EBR KJ 24:89. The through connectors are tested and approved according to EN61238-1.
For more information on Elpress Crimp Connectors with Heatshrink Insulation (KHS-AKS1025-4, KHS-AKS1025-5, KHS-AS1625-4, KHS-AS1625-5), consult PDF File or Technical Data Table below.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Prod. Name||Stranded Al||mm²||Tool||Pcs/ Pack||Note|
|KHS-AKS1025-4||16-25 mm²||10-16 mm²||EW1025, V600||4||1 outer jacket, 4 AKS16-25-1016, 4 inner tubes and abrasive cloth.|
|KHS-AKS1025-5||16-25 mm²||10-16 mm²||EW1025, V600||5||1 outer jacket, 5 AKS16-25-1016, 5 inner tubes and abrasive cloth.|
|KHS-AS1625-4||16-25 mm²||EW1025, V600||4||1 outer jacket, 4 AS1625, 4 inner tubes and abrasive cloth.|
|KHS-AS1625-5||16-25 mm²||EW1025, V600||5||1 outer jacket, 5 AS1625, 5 inner tubes and abrasive cloth.|
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier