Filoform FiloSeal+ Duct Seal
Filoform FiloSeal+ Duct Sealing System is a universal solution for sealing cables and pipes in ducts or bore holes. Suitable for sealing several cables or pipes contained in one duct and also allows re-entry of the seal to add or remove cables or pipes as required.
Filoform Part Numbers: FiloSeal+ 125mm (282580), FiloSeal+ 200mm (282590)
Telstra / TPG Approved Duct sealing kit in accordance with Telstra document ID TM00042A01
The Filoform duct sealing system FiloSeal+ uses MD+ sealant which is easily applied from a standard skeleton gun. The high quality, one component, flexible sealant “MD+” is based on a silicon compound that cures with air (Humidity).
After application and full curing the thixotropic MD+ forms a plastic elastomer mass with special qualities effectively sealing and bonding, while providing a high level of durability.
FiloSeal+ is very easy to apply regardless of the type of cable scenario in the cable ducts as it uses a uniquely shaped foam piece which positions neatly around the cables or pipes in the duct.
The unique design of the tri-flexible foam makes positioning and separation of the cables very simple while also providing a backing for the MD+ to be applied on.
This seal is easily installed in vertical scenarios while providing the added security of ensuring no loss of components down the duct.
FiloSeal+ is suitable for sealing several cables or pipes contained in one duct and also allows re-entry of the seal to add or remove cables or pipes as required.
Filoform FiloSeal+ Duct Seal – Key Features
- Flexible, one component, adhesive and sealing compound in a cartridge – (310ml)
- Kits are complete with backing and mastic to fill an empty duct of the quoted kit size
- High levels of Gas and Water tightness
- Excellent adhesion
- Shows Fire resistance properties
- Resistant against Water, Alkaline, Chemical agents
- Resistant to, Petrol, Diesel, Ethanol, ASTM oil, LPG & Many more.
- Suitable for sealing underground cable ducts set out within the APEA ‘Blue Book’
- Resistant to Hydrogen Sulphide / Methane and many other Gases (NedLab)
- Shock absorbing
- Non-toxic, neutral and almost odourless
- Also suitable for limiting the EX-zones during transitions (observe chemical resistance)
- Complies with 2011 NEC Articles 225.27, 230.8, 300.5(G), 300.7 (A) on Raceway Seals, and 501.15 (B)(2)
- WIMES Compliant, (3.02 2013 clause 22.214.171.124 d)
- Suitable for any shaped duct /borehole/opening
- Quick and easy installation
- A complete kit for one duct
- Seals all know materials, PVC & PE sheathed cables, PILC, (HD) PE pipes
- Suitable for renovations, can be installed retrospectively
- Over 25 years of operational experience
Filoform FiloSeal+ Duct Seal – Approvals
- Thames Water Approved
- Welsh Water Approved
- Severn Trent Water Approved
- Southern Water Approved
- Anglian Water Approved
- South East Water Approved
- Yorkshire Water Approved
- Bournemouth Water Approved
- Scottish Water Approved
For Additional Information on Filoform FiloSeal+ 125mm (282580) and 200mm (282590), please refer to the Technical Data Table below or download PDF File.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Part Number||Product Name||Duct Diameter
Min - Max (mm)
|Max Cable Diameter
in the duct (mm)
|282580||FiloSeal+ 125mm||Ø 125 max.||Ø 95 max.||per piece|
|282590||FiloSeal+ 200mm||Ø 200 max.||Ø 160 max.||per piece|
|Flow||< 2mm||ISO 7390|
|Skin over time (23C/55%RH)||± 15 minutes||-|
|Curing||3 mm / 24 hours||-|
|Hardness||30 shore A||DIN 53505|
|Tensile strength||0.8 N/mm²||DIN 53504|
|Operating temperature||+5°C to +40°C||-|
|Temperature resistance||-40°C to +120°C||-|
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier