The signal transmission rate of personal computer peripheral devices and digital devices as represented by USB 2.0 devices is being increased year by year, and countermeasures against ESD are critical in high-frequency bands. Matsuo Surge Absorber KVA has been developped to protect the circuits of various electronic devices sensitive to ESD.
Since Matsuo Surge Absorber KVA has a low capacitance of 0.08 pF, it is applicable to high-speed signal lines. The ecology design of Type KVA is environmentally friendly because of Lead-free and Halogen-free.
- Usable on high-speed signal lines
- Low capacitance (size 1005 : 0.06pF typ.)
- Large ESD endurance and high insulation resistance
- No polarity. Protection of circuit against ESD from both directions
- Ultra-small size : 1005 (1. 0 × 0.5 × 0.35 mm), 1608 (1. 6 × 0.8 × 0.5 mm)
- Suitable for automatic mounting by chip placer
- Precise dimensions allows high-density mounting and symmetrical construction of terminal provide “Self-Alignment”
- Resistance to soldering heat : Reflow or flow soldering 10 seconds at 260℃
- High accuracy carrier tape by using pressed pocket ensures excellent mounting
- Lead-free and RoHS Compliant
|Category Temperature Range||-40～+125℃|
|Trigger Voltage||1000V max. (650V typ.)|
|Clamp voltage||200V max. (100V typ.)|
|Capacitance||1005size：0.1pF max. (0.06pF typ.)
1608size：0.2pF max. (0.08pF typ.)
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
The application classification by use which divided the market and use into four is set up supposing our products being used for a broad use.
Please confirm the application classification by use of each product that you intend to use.
Moreover, please be sure to inform to our Sales Department in advance in examination of the use of those other than the indicated use.
|Market||Application classification by use||Use||Recommendation Type|
|Outline||Typical example of application||Circuit Protection Components|
|High reliability apparatus||1||-Apparatus in which advanced safety and reliability are demanded.
– Whether failure of the apparatus which cannot maintenance exchange products, and a product is direct for a human life, apparatus which changes or may cause a fatal system failure.
|– Space development apparatus relation (Satellite, Rocket, Artificial Satellite)
– Aviation and a defensive system
– Atomic power, fire power, and a water-power generation system
|With no relevance|
|2||– Apparatus in which reliability is important.
– The apparatus in which maintenance exchange of a product is very difficult, and failure of a product influence a human life, or the range of failure is wide range.
|– Vehicles control of transport machines, such as a car, and a railroad, a vessel (Engine control, drive control, brake control)
– The operation control system of the Shinkansen and a main artery
|Type KAB N series
Type JAG N series
Type KVA N series
|3||-Apparatus which can maintenance exchange products, and apparatus in which the loss of the system failure is large although failure of a product does not influence a human life, and maintenance engineering is demanded||– Vehicle indoor loading parts, such as an air-conditioner and car navigation, and in-vehicle communication facility
– Security management system for home/buildings etc.
– Control apparatus, such as Industrial use robots and a machine tool etc.
|Type KAB M series|
|Apparatus in general||4||– The small size and the thin article which applies leading-edge technology positively
– The product supposing being used widely in the market for the apparatus which can maintenance exchange products, and apparatus with a partial system failure by failure of product.
|-Smart phone, Mobile phone, Mobile PC (tablet), Electronic dictionary
– Desktop PC, Notebook PC, Home network
– Amusement apparatus (Pachinko,Game machine)
Type KAB T series
Type JAE, Type JAG
Type JAH, Type JAH L series
Type JHC, Type JHC H series
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier