Prysmian BICON Flexo Point Machine Coupler System
Prysmian BICON Flexo Point Machine Coupler System provides a reliable, easy to install connection from the point machine to the disconnect box. The cornerstone of the design is a plug and socket arrangement on the point machine. Pre-terminated leads complete the system with a socket on one end and a moulded palm on the other. Possession times are dramatically reduced by using the Prysmian plug coupler system:
– Specially designed for use with Alstom HW point machine.
– Nickel plated brass plug and socket arrangement will not deteriorate during service.
– Vulcanized neoprene, fully bonded to the cable sheath, provides a waterproof seal with excellent strain relief.
– Pre-terminated socket leads, available with moulded palm on the other end of the cable.
– Available in standard lengths: 5m, 10m, 15m and 20m. Any required length can be supplied in 5m increments.
– Designed for use with Prysmian Disconnect Boxes (please see separate datasheet).
– Low smoke, zero halogen cable version is available.
– Quick, accurate connection at disconnect box.
– Satisfies the continuous drive within the rail industry for improvements to trackside electrical connections.
Prysmian BICON Flexo Point Machine Coupler System – Features & Benefits
The nickel plated brass plug and socket arrangement will not deteriorate during service. The moulded plugs are made from vulcanised neoprene which is fully bonded to the cable sheath and provides a waterproof seal with excellent strain relief. A 100% testing regime is rigorously employed. Every lead is electrically tested at the factory for voltage withstand, insulation resistance and correct continuity. For safety purposes the plug & socket can only be coupled one way. Tactile locator pips ensure that the correct orientation can easily be achieved in the worst conditions therefore it is impossible to terminate incorrectly.
Prysmian BICON Flexo Point Machine Coupler System – Configuration
- Plug coupler: For fitting to the point machine. Available in 4 Way & 10 Way configurations.
- Socket coupler with free cable end: For connecting the point machine to a disconnect box, hard wired. Available in 4 Way & 10 Way configurations.
- Socket coupler with moulded termination on cable end: For connecting the point machine to a disconnect box, quick assembly. This solution offers the speediest installation. Available in 4 Way & 10 Way
- Moulded termination and free end: For connecting the disconnect box to the location cabinet. Available in 4 Way & 10 Way configurations.
Prysmian BICON Flexo Rail Products & Modular Power Systems Specialist Products
The FLEXO product portfolio is wide ranging and varied, each design having its origins in the need to meet a particular customer requirement. Many are now “standard” solutions to certain connection applications and include:
- Track Circuit Cable Assemblies
- Trackside Disconnect Boxes
- Detection System Cable Assemblies
- Points Heating System
- Vehicle Couplers & Battery Charging Leads
- Fire Resistant Modular Power Systems (Cable systems for tunnel lighting)
- Point Machine Coupler System
|Prysmian Part No||PADS Cat. No||Prysmian Part No||PADS Cat. No|
For Additional Information on Part Numbers mentioned above Download PDF Files. Quality Assurance, Approvals, Reputation and Selection Tables.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier