Prysmian BICON G101 Hot Pour Bitumen Compound (UG101123) is an encapsulating medium/sealant for power cable joints and terminations, suitable for use at voltages up to and including 11kV.
G101-123 is designed as a hot pour insulating compound for joint and box filling applications up to 11kV, CGBUG101123 is UK Power Networks approved.
Prysmian BICON G101 Hot Pour Bitumen Compound – Handling
- Heat G101-123 compound prior to pouring. Wear protective clothing to prevent accidental skin burns. This should include gloves, boots, overalls and eye protection.
- Heat compound in a dry compound bucket, which needs to be clean by heating and scraping prior to re-use. It is
important that the container is clean to prevent the introduction of carbonised deposits from previous heating operations in the same receptacle.
- Transfer the compound into the bucket and placed over the heating apparatus. You should fit a lid or cover to keep out dust and foreign matter while heating. As the compound melts, stir it frequently to ensure even mixing, thus avoiding the risk of carbonisation. Replace the lid on each occasion.
- Uniformly heat the compound with no signs of degradation (carbonisation) or contamination and then pour within the specified temperature range (120-130°C for G101-123).
- If there is any solid residue of the compound in the bucket, it is dangerous to try to remelt it by applying direct heat to the bottom. Again, this can cause carbonisation. Heating should be gradual, starting on the container sides as above.
- The compound will tend to contract by approximately 6% on cooling. As a result there will be a necessity for a ‘top-up’ pouring.
- Energisation of the accessory is possible when compound temperature falls below approximately 60°C.
- Dispose of the Prysmian BICON G101 (UG101123) by controlled incineration or in an approved landfill area according to local regulations.
- G101 Bitumen compound is an encapsulating medium/sealant for power cable joints and terminations. Suitable for use at voltages up to and including 11kV.
- G101-123 is designed as a hot pour insulating compound for joint and box filling applications up to 11kV, GBUG101123 is UK Power Networks approved.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|New Prysmian Part Number
|Prysmian BICON G101 Hot Pour Bitumen Compound
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier