Prysmian BICON Multi Cleat System (Quadrafoil – Multistrap)
Prysmian BICON Trefoil Multi Cleat System (Quadrafoil – Quadcleat – Multistrap) is ideally suited for securing groups of cables of differing sizes and other miscellaneous arrangements. The Etech technical help team will be able to match the correct cleat / strap to the size and fault rating of the cable management.
Consisting of Aluminium or Stainless Steel bases with a Stainless Steel strap complete with a tensioning clip, the Prysmian BICON Multi Cleat System (Quadrafoil – Quadcleat – Multistrap) offers the best flexibility for cable fixing available on the market today. With an unprecedented test portfolio and service record, it should be your first choice for trefoil and single cables installations requiring a high system fault current rating!
Multistraps are used as intermediate restraints and are positioned centrally between a pair of Multicleats. Standard and Heavy-Duty products have different short circuit ratings related to their installation spacing.
All Trefoil Multicleats, Quadrafoils, Quadcleats and Multistraps now come with a disposable shear torque tensioning adapter designed to aid the closure of the cleats and also better control the tension applied during installation.
The adapter fits into the open end of the winding pin and is used with a standard 13mm socket wrench. Any remaining slack in the strap is removed by rotating the pin and adapter with the wrench until the adapter shears off. This will ensure the application of a consistent and correct torque to every cleat and strap in the installation.
PRYSMIAN BICON MULTI CLEAT KEY ADVANTAGES
The Prysmian Multi cleat System (Quadrafoil – Quadcleat – Multistrap) comprises of a heavy-duty stainless-steel strap and a metallic base around which the strap is wound. The benefits of having a strap and base set-up, as opposed to just a strap type cleat, are as follows:
- Maintaining the set distance away from any support structure to avoid de-rating the cables.
- You can use the baseson any ladder and tray systems which have slots for the bolts to fit through, regardless of the shape of the slots.
- The strap can be wrapped around the cables and base without lifting up the cables. The width of the bases mean that the cables have a greater area of contact, than that of the typical strap type cleat, so the chance of damaging the cables due to their own weight is reduced.
- Secures the trefoil cables within a tensioned strap, that has the ability to expand and absorb the shock of a short circuit instead of needing to be strong enough to resists the shock as a rigid structure – and importantly has a less damaging effect on the cables.
- Ability to handle cables with vastly varying cable tolerances.
||7. Suitable for:
PRYSMIAN MULTI CLEAT INSTALLATION SEQUENCE
Fasten base to support with M10 fixings. Loop strap through base and around cables.
Pull slack into outer loop. Insert split pin from right hand side around outer layer of strap about 10mm from end. Push plastic shear torque adapter fully onto the end of the Split pin and attach 13mm socket wrench. To tension the strap, rotate key anti-clockwise with the socket wrench until the adapter shears.
Remove the shear torque adapter and wrench. Swing the key over and engage in slots in clip.
|Horizontal changes in direction, restraint spacing of 300mm maximum. Use Multistrap and/or Multicleat, as appropriate, to suit support structure. To ensure adequate restraint, Multistrap MUST be used at the mid-point between cleats on all horizontal and vertical straight runs:|
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier