CAP-XX Thinline Supercapacitors H-series operate at 2.75V nom / 2.9V peak. The operating temperature range for the H-series is -40°C to +85°C & Tmax = 85°C. CAP-XX Thinline Supercapacitors H-series include product references that start with CAP-XX HA, CAP-XX HZ and CAP-XX HW and finish with a “T”.
- Extremely thin, flexible package (as little as 0.6mm thick).
- The highest power density available today (up to 94kW / litre) and high power output.
- Ultra-low ESR (from 45mΩ), even at low temperatures (2x nominal at -40°C).
- High energy density (up to 0.7Wh / litre) and cell voltage (up to 2.75V / cell).
- Wide operating temperature range (from -40°C to +85°C).
- Very low leakage current (typically < 1µA / cell).
- Long cycle life (essentially unlimited) and excellent frequency response.
- Environmentally friendly: RoHS, REACH & WEEE compliant, Lead-free, Halogen-free and Conflict metal-free.
- UL and ISO 9001-2008 certified.
- Ultra-thin electronic devices, such as active credit cards, RFID tags, beacons and motes, wearable devices (including medical, fitness and health monitoring systems), mobile phones and many other wireless products for industrial, consumer and transportation applications. Power to the IoT.
- Peak power for pulsed loads
✓ Enable the use of small, low power batteries such as thin film and solid state batteries, Lithium, Silver Oxide and Zinc Air “coin cell” batteries and alkaline batteries.
✓ Extend battery run-time and cycle life, especially when the battery is “old or cold”.
✓ Support peak loads such as wireless transmissions, haptic feedback/vibration alerts, GPS location, display screen refresh, injection and inhalation systems, etc.
- Stored energy for low/variable power sources
✓ Enable the use of ambient energy harvesting modules, including solar, vibration, RF, thermoelectric and kinetic.
✓ Enable ultra-quick charging times for portable devices and process equipment, via cable, cradle/contacts or induction, maximizing operating time and minimising downtime.
- Backup power for mission-critical applications
✓ Provide maintenance-free continuous power to mission-critical devices for graceful shutdown and “last gasp” transmission.
CAP-XX Thinline Supercapacitors H-series Product Range
CAP-XX Thinline supercapacitors are available in three sizes. PCB footprints, excluding the aluminium terminals, are:
- “Z” series: 17.0mm x 19.0mm
- “A” series: 19.5mm x 20.0mm
- “W” series: 28.0mm x 20.2mm
All parts are available in 600µm, 700µm and 900µm versions (thicker cells offer higher C and lower ESR).
All parts are available in “H” series (2.75V, 85°C) versions.
Other special order parts are available in “S” footprint and / or “G” series. Contact CAP-XX
Download PDF File Below for Additional Information on CAP-XX Thinline Supercapacitors H-series: Storage & Operation, Energy & Power Density, Product Names, Markings & Drawings, Transport & Storage, Packaging, Cautions and Safety & Compliance.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Voltage & Temperature||Product
|Body Size (mm)||Thickness4
-40°C to +70°C
|HZ134T||45 mF||300 mΩ||17.0 x 19.0||0.6 mm||500|
|HZ114T||80 mF||150 mΩ||0.7 mm||500|
|HZ109T||130 mF||100 mΩ||0.9 mm||500|
|HA134T||60 mF||220 mΩ||19.5 x 20.0||0.6 mm||500|
|HA114T||120 mF||110 mΩ||0.7 mm||500|
|HA109T||175 mF||75 mΩ||0.9 mm||500|
|HW134T||100 mF||130 mΩ||28.5 x 20.2||0.6 mm||500|
|HW114T||200 mF||65 mΩ||0.7 mm||500|
|HW109T||300 mF||45 mΩ||0.9 mm||500|
|RMS Current||IRMS||23°C||4A - 7A|
|ESR change with
|H series||Min @ +85°C
Max @ -40°C
|85% of Nominal||350% of Nominal|
1. Capacitance will decline and ESR will rise over time, at a rate which depends on temperature and voltage. Operation at concurrent high temperature & voltage is not recommended for extended periods. See Section 5 for more information.
2. DC capacitance and ESR tolerance are measured at +23°C.
3. Leakage current is measured after charging to nominal voltage for 120hrs at +23°C.
4. Single pulse, non-repetitive current (positive & negative terminal short-circuited).