Prysmian BICON Separable Tee (T) Connectors (FMCTs-600/1250) – Characteristics
Prysmian BICON Separable Tee (T) Connectors (FMCTs-600/1250) are suitable for a wide range of applications including connection of cable to transformers, switchgear units, motors etc. and also cable. Suitable for indoor and outdoor installation, the connectors are entirely protected by a watertight conductive envelope connected to earth. For polymeric cable up to 24kV, non-loadbreak operation, 600 series for 1250A (clamping pin contact).
The connectors are rated for continuous operation at 1250 Amp rms, with 1800 Amp rms overload (8 hours per 24 hours). FORMFIT® 600/1250 series of separable connectors are suitable for use with a wide range of polymeric medium voltage cables, including:
- Single core polymeric insulation (PE, XLPE, EPR etc)
- Copper or aluminium conductors (50-630mm2)
- Semi-conducting screen either extruded or taped
- Metallic screen, wire or polylam type
- Insulation voltage up to 24kV (Um)
Features & Benefits
- No need for special tools, heating, taping or filling
- Vertical, angled or inverted position
- No minimum distance between phases
- Energizing may take place immediately after the connector’s plugging to its individual bushing, dead end plug etc.
- Connectors packed separately
The Prysmian FORMFIT range of separable connectors are suitable for a wide range of applications including connection of cable to transformers, switchgear units, motors etc. and also cable. Suitable for indoor and outdoor installation. The range includes:
- Separable Straight Connectors (FMCS): FMCS 250, FMCS 400
- Separable Elbow Connectors (FMCE): FMCE 250, FMCE 400
- Separable Tee Connectors (FMCT): FMCT 400, FMCTs 400, FMCTs 400/1250, FMCTs 600/1250.
Download PDF file for Description, Selection Guide, Example Order and Accessories for Separable Tee Connectors (FMCTs-600/1250).
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier