SACS Tool – Steel Wire Armoured Cable Stripping Tool is a revolutionary new tool to strip SWA Cable Safely and up to 50% quicker than conventional stripping methods.
- Fast – 50% Quicker than Traditional Methods!
- Easy – NO Hacksaw, NO Knife, Perfect Cut Every Time!
- Safe – NO Blades, Complies with on-site Health & Safety Regulations.
- High Quality – 3-year guarantee excluding spare parts (cutting wheel).
- Strong & durable robust metal alloy body to withstand repeated use.
- High performance hardened steel alloy cutting wheel – for a Perfect & Clean Cut every time.
- Multi-directional cut – cuts both Longitudinally &Circumferentially.
- Lightweight, compact & ergonomic design to be used in Confined Spaces.
- Tethering hole for lanyard to be used at heights without risk.
- Wide stripping capacity: 12-36mm diameter.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
Place tool on the cable at gland point and advance cutting wheel down into the outer insulation. Rotate the tool around the cable to cut through outer insulation. Continue to advance cutting wheel into steel strands to required depth. Repeat insulation only cut approx 2” further along the cable.
Rotate tool 90 degrees to cable at first cut point and advance cutting wheel down into insulation. Guide the tool down the length of the cable ensuring sufficient cut depth. Adjustment of cutting wheel depth as required to cut insulation.
Split and remove outer insulation sheath. Unwind the steel strands and snap using fingertip pressure at cut point. Remove second portion of insulation and splay strands.
Place tool on cable where secondary insulation is required to be removed. Advance cutting wheel and perform rotary cut to required depth. Care should be taken not to overcut as damage may be caused to conductors.
Rotate tool 90 degrees to cable and advance cutting wheel into insulation. Guide the tool down the length of the cable ensuring sufficient cut depth. Split secondary insulation layer and remove to expose conductors.