SACS Tool – Steel Wire Armoured Cable Stripping Tool – SWA Cable Stripper
SACS Tool – Steel Wire Armoured SWA Cable Stripping Tool is a revolutionary new SWA Cable Cutter to strip Safely and up to 50% quicker than conventional stripping methods.
Watch video below for a detailed Applications Description and Demonstration of the 5-step process of stripping SWA Cable:
SACS Tool Key Features:
- Fast – 50% Quicker than Traditional Methods!
- Easy – NO Hacksaw, NO Knife, Perfect Cut Every Time!
- Safe – NO Blades, Complies with on-site Health & Safety Regulations.
- High Quality – 3-year guarantee excluding spare parts (cutting wheel).
- Strong & durable robust metal alloy body to withstand repeated use.
- High performance hardened steel alloy cutting wheel – for a Perfect & Clean Cut every time.
- Multi-directional cut – SACS Tool cuts both Longitudinally & Circumferentially.
- Lightweight, compact & ergonomic design to be used in Confined Spaces.
- Tethering hole for lanyard allows use at heights without risk.
- Wide stripping capacity: 12-36mm diameter.
For more information on SWA Cable, and how to use to strip it easily with the SACS Tool – SWA Cable Cutter read our article: Steel Wire Armoured Cable: All you need to know
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
Place tool on the cable at gland point and advance cutting wheel down into the outer insulation. Rotate the tool around the cable to cut through outer insulation. Continue to advance cutting wheel into steel strands to required depth. Repeat insulation only cut approx 2” further along the cable.
Rotate tool 90 degrees to cable at first cut point and advance cutting wheel down into insulation. Guide the tool down the length of the cable ensuring sufficient cut depth. Adjustment of cutting wheel depth as required to cut insulation.
Split and remove outer insulation sheath. Unwind the steel strands and snap using fingertip pressure at cut point. Remove second portion of insulation and splay strands.
Place tool on cable where secondary insulation is required to be removed. Advance cutting wheel and perform rotary cut to required depth. Care should be taken not to overcut as damage may be caused to conductors.
Rotate tool 90 degrees to cable and advance cutting wheel into insulation. Guide the tool down the length of the cable ensuring sufficient cut depth. Split secondary insulation layer and remove to expose conductors.
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier