Prysmian Group just launched their NEW Tetrad Quad Cleat suitable for most environments!
What is Prysmian BICON Tetrad Quad Cleat?
Prysmian BICON Tetrad Quad Cleat is a power cable fixing cleat designed and produced by Prysmian Group to save space in the energy dense environments of a modern data centre. Tetrad holds neutral and phase conductors in a ‘close quad’ formation as used in data centre infrastructure designs throughout the world and requires no special tools to achieve the security you expect from Prysmian Group.
Its design, development, testing and manufacturing is in accordance with BS EN 61914:2016 & IEC 61914:2015 (cable cleats for electrical installations). That ensures the securing and retention of cables, without sustaining damage to the cable.
Manufactured from non-magnetic corrosion resistant 316L grade stainless steel, the Tetrad Cleat is suitable for use in most environments. Suitable for cables in single, trefoil or quad formation, with cables diameters 20 to 70mm. The cable is supported by a liner manufactured form a low smoke zero halogen (LSOH) material.
What materials does it use?
Tetrad Quad Cleat construction features corrosion resistant, austenitic 316L Stainless Steel to retain the mechanical properties and physical strength required for this environment. On the inside, Tetrad liners feature low smoke and zero halogen performance to reduce the risk to people and equipment in the event of fire.
What cable size does Prysmian Tetrad cater for?
Designed to cover cable diameters of 20-70mm in a standard 10 cleat sizes. Range requirements outside of these standard cleats can be accommodated by special design. Our specialist cable and accessory engineers will be able to guide you through the correct cleat choice for bespoke installation design.
Do I need tools to install it?
Special tools are NOT required to install and maintain tetrad -use standard 17mm sockets and spanners and designed to be attached to standard ladder or struts using 10mm fixing bolts. For specific recommended torque settings, contact us in the form on this page.
What is the required spacing?
Spacing is dependent on the short circuit rating required by the installation design. As a standard least are designed and tested with spacings increments of 300mm to match the design of the standard ladder. For spacing greater than 600mm we would suggest a consultation with our expert team of cable and accessory design engineers.
Prysmian BICON Tetrad Quad Cleat – Key Features & Benefits
- Suitable for use with cable diameters 20 to 70mm.
- Non-magnetic, corrosion resistant 316L stainless steel.
- Single or double bolt fixing.
- Operating temperature -40°C to +60°C.
- Ergonomic design allows easy installation, with single tool tightening.
- Low smoke liner matches the properties of Prysmian and Draka LSOH / OHLS cables
- Internal liners are compatible with all sheathing materials
- Suitable for single core cables laid in quad formation.
- Suitable for use in most environments.
- Suitable for use with all standard ladder and tray systems.
- Meets the requirements of BS EN 61914:2016 & IEC 61914:2015.
- Meets the requirements of BS 7655 Section 6.1 LTS1, LTS3
- Aids compliance with Table 4C5 of BS 7671
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929