Elpress AS Aluminium Through Connectors without partition (300-400mm²) are used mainly for connecting two Al conductors of the same size to each other. Part Number: AS300B, AS400B
AS400B: corresponding Siemens Wind Power (SWP) part number is A9B10069886.
Elpress Al Terminals and Connectors are made from pure aluminium 99.7%. We manufacture Al Terminals AK, Al Through Connectors AS with partition, Al Through Connectors AS with partition and for different areas and Al Through Connectors AS without partition. The standard size is 16 to 1200mm² but a variety of customer specified types also exist.
- Al Terminals type AK are mainly used for connection to Al bus bars, apparatus terminals or such.
- Al Connectors type AS are used to connect two Al Conductors, also of different sizes.
AL OR ALCU TYPES
Elpress AlCu Terminals and Connectors for Al cable are made from solid materials with friction welding. This method joins aluminium and copper material, when the aluminium part is rotated against the copper part under pressure and is the method providing the best connection between Al and Cu. We manufacture AlCu Bimetallic Terminals AKK, AlCu Pin Bimetallic Terminals AKP, Transition Connectors AKS for Al Conductors to Cu solid Conductors, AlCu Bimetal Through Connectors AKS and AlCu Bimetallic Through Connectors AKS.
- Bimetallic Terminals type AKK are mainly used for connection to Cu bus-bars, apparatus terminals or such.
- Bimetallic Connectors type AKS are used to connect an Al and a Cu Conductor also of different sizes.
- Bimetallic Pin Connectors type AKP are used to connect Al Conductors to mechanical clamp type connections for round Cu Pins.
Elpress marking system for marking of Al and AlCu Terminals and Connectors shows the stranded and solid metric conductor size and reference to the id-numbers of the appropriate Elpress pre-rounding and crimp tools. Do not use other crimp tools! The T2-mark is a reference to an earlier Finnish standard. On bimetallic connectors there is also a tool id-reference to the hexagonal die to be used for the Cu-crimp.
In cases where other hole patterns, palm sizes, assembly angles, etc. are needed, a broad variety of customer specified items may be produced. Some examples are indicated here: AKK500A/2-16-12×4-35 resp. AK185-14×2-40.
For more information on Elpress AS Aluminium Through Connectors without partition (AS300B, AS400B), consult PDF File or Technical Data Table below.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
- Used mainly for connecting two Al conductors of the same size to each other.
- Two crimps on each side are necessary - For crimp sequence see picture below table.
- Use special matrix 13P37M and special punch 13P37D, no matrix holder necessary.
|Cat. No., mm2, Al-Cu||mm D||d||L||Rec. Tool|
- Crimp sequence.