Prysmian BICON G38A Hot Pour Compound F70038-55 (UF7003855) is a filling compound for power cable joints and termination boxes. Designed to provide an oil resistant high voltage cable joint, termination box or transformer filling compound for medium/high voltage (MV-HV) cables up to 33KV – supplied in 25 litre tins. Store in a cool and dry location.
Handling of Prysmian BICON G38A Hot Pour Compound F70038-55 (UF7003855)
- Prysmian BICON G38A Hot Pour Compound F70038-55 is heated prior to pouring into the cable box, box or transformer. Protective clothing should be worn to prevent accidental skin burns. This should include gloves, boots, overalls and eye protection.
- Compound F70038-55 should be heated in a dry compound bucket, which should be cleaned out by heating and scraping prior to re-use. It is important that the container is clean to prevent carbonised deposits being introduced from previous heating operations in the same receptacle.
- The compound should be transferred into the bucket and placed over the heating apparatus. A lid or cover should be fitted to keep out dust and foreign matter while heating. As the compound melts, it should be stirred frequently to ensure even mixing, thus avoiding the risk of carbonisation. The lid should be replaced on each occasion.
- Prysmian BICON G38A shall be uniformly heated with no signs of degradation (carbonisation) or contamination and then poured within the specified temperature range (110-115°C for G38A) .
- Where a compound has solidified in the bucket, it is dangerous to try to remelt it by direct heat applied to the bottom. Again, this can cause carbonisation. Heating should be gradual, starting on the container sides as above.
- The compound will tend to contract by approximately 6% on cooling. As a result there will be a necessity for a ‘top-up’ pouring.
- The accessory may be energized when compound temperature falls below approximately 60°C.
- The Prysmian BICON G38A Hot Pour Compound can be disposed of by controlled incineration or in an approved landfill area according to local regulations.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Specific Gravity (g/cm3) @ 20°C||0.97|
|Thermal expansion coefficient||0.0007|
|Flash Point (Open Cup, °C)||228|
|Viscosity (cst): @20°C
|Pouring range (°C)||105-115|
|Colour in bulk||Dark amber|
|Dielectric Withstand (BS1858)||30kV for 1 minute|
|Power Factor @60°C||0.005 (max)|
|Moisture content (%)||< 0.01|
|Part Number||New Prysmian Part Number||Reference Number||Description|
|UF7003855||CGBUF7003855||F7003855||G38A Hot Pour Compound In 25 Lt|