Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound (U562AA07)
Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound (U562AA07) is a non-hardening plastic waterproof sealant to protect electrical connections from moisture and corrosive vapors. This has the consistency of putty and has good insulating properties. It can be moulded around terminals or connectors, or can be used as a mechanical seal for any form of enclosure.
Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound – General Information
Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound is soft enough to readily mould around terminals or intricate contours or press into cavities. It is not sticky but has good adhesion to moulded plastic and other surfaces to resist the dislodging effects of vibration and to prevent moisture creeping along the interface. It does not harden on exposure to air or sunlight and does not shrink crack or peel. Exposure to sunlight may cause a slight skin hardening which does not affect the mass, and which can easily be removed by working in the hand. The compound is non-hardening and so can be readily moved and replaced for maintenance purposes. The material does not liberate toxic fumes even if overheated and is harmless to the hands.
Prysmian Weatherproof Plastic Compound (Sealant) consists of an inert filler dispersed in a plastic base. It is not resistant to oils, aromatics or aliphatic hydrocarbons. The compound is highly resistant to water permeation, acids and alkalis in liquid or vapour form under normal conditions. It has no deleterious effect on metals and plastics or on natural rubber, synthetic rubber, PVC or other cable materials. It can be used to seal cable ends or cable entries to enclosures. The compound is coloured reddish brown and has an unlimited shelf life under normal conditions of
wrapping and storage.
- Prevents ingress of moisture
- Non Hardening
- Protects exposed terminals against corrosion
- Easily applied to intricate contours
- Good adhesion to metal, plastic, wood, rubber, PVC, etc.
- Suitable for temperatures between -20˚C and +80˚C
- Vibration resistant
- Long shelf life when stored in original packaging (under normal conditions)
- Harmless to hands
Prysmian BICON R392 Compound (U562AA07) – Applications
- The prevention of electrical leakage on circuits due to dampness and the protection of electrical contacts against corrosion.
- The sealing of irregular openings, cable entries, screw threads and covers of electrical equipment.
- It is useful as a filler for junction boxes and also suitable for use with many non electrical applications whenever a reliable non-hardening moisture or water seal is necessary.
Prysmian BICON R392 Compound (U562AA07) – Material Composition
One or more liquid polymers selected from:
- Depolymerised natural rubber
- Polyvinyl Alkyl Ether
also, one or more mineral reinforcing agents selected from:
as well as Iron oxide pigment, Petroleum Bitumen and Polymerised 2,2,4 Trimethyl 1,2 Dihydroquinoline (Flectol H).
(1) Remove traces of compound adhering to the hands with most industrial hand cleaners, e.g. Swarfega.
(2) Good adhesion to moulded plastic and metal surfaces, but it is essential that the surfaces are clean and dry and are non-greasy.
(3) Suitable solvent – White Spirit.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Part Number||New Prysmian Part Number||Reference Number||Weight of Block||Weight of Pack||Description|
|U562AA07||CGBU562AA07||R392||3 kg||3 kg||R392 Electrical Weatherproof Sealing Compound 3kg Pack|
|Specific Gravity||1.7 g/cm3|
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +80°C|
|Volume Resistivity at 20°C (ASTM D257:1975)||2.8 x 1012Ohm - m|
|Electrical Breakdown at 20°C||18 kV / mm|
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier