Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound (U562AA07) is a non-hardening plastic waterproof sealant to protect electrical connections from moisture and corrosive vapors. This has the consistency of putty and has good insulating properties. It can be moulded around terminals or connectors, or can be used as a mechanical seal for any form of enclosure.
Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound is soft enough to be readily moulded around terminals or intricate contours or pressed into cavities. It is not sticky but has good adhesion to moulded plastic and other surfaces to resist the dislodging effects of vibration and to prevent moisture creeping along the interface. It does not harden on exposure to air or sunlight and does not shrink crack or peel. Exposure to sunlight may cause a slight skin hardening which does not affect the mass, and which can easily be removed by working in the hand. The compound is
non-hardening and so can be readily moved and replaced for maintenance purposes. The material does not liberate toxic fumes even if overheated and is harmless to the hands.
Prysmian Weatherproof Plastic Compound (Sealant) consists of an inert filler dispersed in a plastic base. It is not resistant to oils, aromatics or aliphatic hydrocarbons. The compound is highly resistant to water permeation, acids and alkalis in liquid or vapour form under normal conditions. It has no deleterious effect on metals and plastics or on natural rubber, synthetic rubber, PVC or other cable materials. It can be used to seal cable ends or cable entries to enclosures. The compound is coloured reddish brown and has an unlimited shelf life under normal conditions of
wrapping and storage.
Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound (U562AA07) Product Features:
- Prevents ingress of moisture
- Non Hardening
- Protects exposed terminals against corrosion
- Easily applied to intricate contours
- Good adhesion to metal, plastic, wood, rubber, PVC, etc.
- Suitable for temperatures between -20˚C and +80˚C
- Vibration resistant
- Long shelf life when stored in original packaging (under normal conditions)
- Harmless to hands
Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound (U562AA07) Applications:
- The prevention of electrical leakage on circuits due to dampness and the protection of electrical contacts against corrosion.
- The sealing of irregular openings, cable entries, screw threads and covers of electrical equipment.
- It is useful as a filler for junction boxes and can also be used for many non electrical applications whenever a reliable non-hardening moisture or water seal is required.
Prysmian BICON R392 Electrical Weatherproof Compound (U562AA07) Material Composition:
One or more liquid polymers selected from:
- Depolymerised natural rubber
- Polyvinyl Alkyl Ether
and one or more mineral reinforcing agents selected from:
and Iron oxide pigment
and Petroleum Bitumen
and Polymerised 2,2,4 Trimethyl 1,2 Dihydroquinoline (Flectol H).
(1) Traces of compound adhering to the hands can be removed with most industrial hand cleaners, e.g. Swarfega.
(2) Good adhesion to moulded plastic and metal surfaces, but it is essential that the surfaces are clean and dry and are non-greasy.
(3) Suitable solvent – White Spirit.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
R392 WEATHERPROOF PLASTIC COMPOUND PROPERTIES
|Specific Gravity||1.7 g/cm3|
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +80°C|
|Volume Resistivity at 20°C (ASTM D257:1975)||2.8 x 1012Ohm - m|
|Electrical Breakdown at 20°C||18 kV / mm|
|Reference Number||Blocks per Pack||Weight of Block (kg)||Weight of Pack (kg)|
|Part Number||New Prysmian Part Number||Reference Number||Description|
|U562AA07||CGBU562AA07||R392||R392 Electrical Weatherproof Sealing Compound 3kg Pack|