Elpress PCT54C Battery Operated Cable Cutting Tool (up to Ø 54mm)
Elpress PCT54C Battery Operated Cable Cutting Tool (up to Ø 54mm) is a high-quality, simple, safe and ergonomic electric cable cutter for copper and aluminium cable. Elpress Tool PCT54C has a Li-Ion battery with a long run time and short charging time, which makes working more efficient. The precision-ground blade on the cable cutter ensures a longer useful life and an optimum cut. The cutting capacity of any cutting tool may vary due to conductor design, insulation thickness, hardness of materials, etc.
PCT54C-US, supplied with 115 VAC charger.
PCT54C-WOBC, supplied without Battery/ Charger.
This product replaces Elpress PKL54 Battery Powered Cutting Tool.
Elpress PCT54C Features
- Electric cable cutter for copper and aluminium cable
- Designed to cut conductors easily and safely at the touch of a button
- Not intended for cutting steel.
- Max cutting diameter 54mm; which for the following cable types is equivalent to:
- 1kV Cu type FKKJ 4 x 95 mm²,
- Al type AKKJ 4 x 240 mm²,
- Al type SE-N1XV 4G x 240 mm² and
- 12kV Al type AXLJ 3 x 150 mm²
- The tool performs a scissor motion when cutting, which produces an optimal cut surface
- Integrated fuse as surge protector
- Delivered with case and Li-Ion battery, 14.4V NiMh.
To strip insulation from cable there are the EMBLA, EMBLA RA, TOR and ODEN tools. They strip from approximately 0,02mm2 up to ∅ 40mm cable. The tools feature high precision, ergonomic adaptation, user friendliness and reliability.
Tools are available in several variants for cutting Cu and Al cable up to approximately Ø 85mm. In addition to the simplest mechanical tools that cut cable up to Ø 20mm, there is a wide range of hydraulic tools for cutting cable up to approx 85mm.
The size of the conductor that the tools can handle mainly depends on the type of conductor to cut, whether it is a LV or MV cable and the class of the conductor. The hardness of the conductor’s material also affects the results. For example, the PKL54C is capable of cutting type Cu FKKJ 4 x 95 mm2 low voltage cable or Al AKKJ 4 x 240mm2 or MV cable type Al AXLJ 3 x 150mm2. The insulation takes some space on the medium voltage cable which is why it can be restrictive.
TOOLS FOR PEX CABLE
Finally, for the preparation of medium voltage cables, 12-24 kV and removal of conducting layers and PEX insulation, tools FBS1722 and FBS1723 are available.
For more information on Elpress PCT54C Battery Operated Cable Cutting Tool, consult PDF File or Technical Data Table below.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929
|Part No.||Max Ø Conductor||Net Weight||Dimensions (L x W x H)
|Elpress PCT54C||54||8,6 kg||450 x 120 x 105 mm||Charger: 230 VAC|
|Elpress PCT54C-US||54||8,6 kg||450 x 120 x 105 mm||Charger: 115 VAC|
|Elpress PCT54C-WOBC||54||8 kg||450 x 120 x 105 mm||Without Battery/ Charger|
- Battery voltage: 14.4 V
- Battery capacity: 3 Ah, Li-Ion
- Charging time: approx. 40 min
- Weight including battery: 2.75 kg
- Dimensions: 105 x 375 x 115 mm
Find out more about our products or becoming a supplier