Prysmian BICON MRPJ-U Resin Cable Jointing Kit for Network Rail
Prysmian BICON MRPJ-U Resin Cable Jointing Kit are enhanced non-toxic cold pour resin joint kits for connecting unarmoured signalling power distribution cable in accordance with NR/L2/SIGELP/27423
The products can be used in various configurations as detailed :
- Connecting unarmoured aluminium signalling power distribution cable to unarmoured aluminium signalling power distribution cable
- Connecting unarmoured aluminium signalling power distribution cable to unarmoured copper signalling power distribution cable when terminating into Apparatus Housings
- Connection of legacy aluminium signalling power cables to aluminium cables produced in accordance with NR/L2/SIGELP/27408
Installation accessories for use in assembling these joint kits and the range of connectors within them, consists of specific crimp dies, pre-rounding dies and hydraulic crimp tooling as listed on PDF File (Page 7).
- Each joint complies with testing requirements of BS EN 50393 Cat II in relation to electrical performance, mechanical strength and moisture resistance
- The highly searching JEM resin both fully encapsulates the exposed cores and seals the incoming cables to prevent moisture ingress into the cable interstices
- The enhanced compression connectors used within these joints are in accordance with the higher BS EN 61238-1 Class A specification which requires them to resist short circuit fault currents and withstand high tensile loads.
- Expected service life of joints is equal to that of the cable
- Impact resistant
Prysmian BICON MRPJ-U Resin Cable Jointing Kit was developed to meet the growing concerns regarding exposure to isocyanates in the workplace. JEM is a nonisocyanate system with all the technical performance characteristics of conventional resins but with additional features and benefits:
- Low viscosity (very searching, no voids, easier mixing)
- Easy mixing at low ambient temperatures (e.g. -15°C)
- Curing reaction not sensitive to moisture (will cure under water)
- Filled joints may be energised immediately if undisturbed
- Supplied in clear pouches which allows mixing to be observed in process
- Excellent adhesion to XLPE, PVC, Lead etc.
- Tested in accordance with HD631.1
Features & Benefits
- Enhanced resin joints for railway signalling power cables
- For use with copper and aluminium conductors
- Specifically designed to comply with Network Rail Product Specification NR/L2/SIGELP/27423
- Network Rail PADS Certificate PA05/06494
- Systemised tooling system
- Joint kits fully tested to BS EN 50393 Cat II in relation to mechanical strength and moisture resistance
- Connectors comply with BS EN 61238 Class A in relation to electrical performance
- New Class II installations
- SIN 119 remedial works
- Maintenance, repairs and life extensions
- Copper elimination programme
Prysmian BICON Cable Joints
For many years, BICON has been in the forefront of jointing technology, from designs using bituminous filling compounds, to the development of the highly successful BICAST acrylic resin jointing system.
Most recently , we have supplemented these ranges with heat shrink and pre-moulded products (BIMOLD) and can now offer a unique package to satisfy all requirements.
All four systems are available at voltages up to or above 33 kV and, depending on application, each may offer benefits over the others.
For instance, termination of high voltage polymeric cables requiring the facility to disconnect or add in additional cables at a later stage, means that BIMOLD is the logical choice. Likewise, BICAST provides a fast, comprehensive jointing method with a versatile range covering low and high voltage and all cable types.
Download PDF file for more information on Prysmian BICON MRPJ-U Resin Cable Jointing Kit for Network Rail.
*Technical Data subject to change without notice.
FREE Technical Advisory Service
E-Tech Components UK Ltd maintains a free technical advisory service.
Contact us for enquiries concerning this and all other products: +44 (0) 1744 762 929